You can visit this web site without giving us any information about yourself. The software logs and cookies we use monitor the use of TeachingEnglish for general statistical purposes only and none of the information we gather in this way can be used to identify any individual who visits the site. See below for further information on Google Analytics cookies.
Registration and privacy
Registration on this site allows you to interact fully with other users as well as add comments and join in discussions. If you register on this site:
- you can always access, change or delete the information you provide;
- we will only send you emails that let you know when somebody responds to your question or comments on the site, or for other service administration purposes;
- your personal details will only be used by the British Council.
When you register we ask for certain information from you (e.g. email address, country, username). We will only use this information:
- for administration procedures, such as when you need a replacement password;
- to contact you about a submission you have made to the website, including any content you provide;
- to monitor site statistics (e.g. number of registered users per country).
When you register you can also choose to receive updates on British Council activity in your country or region. If you choose yes, your personal details will only be used by the British Council.