Here you can find the answers to many of the questions we are frequently asked. Before you email us, you may find it useful to check this page to see if your question is answered here.
- Can I send you an article for this site?
- Can you help me learn English?
- Can you help me find a training course?
- Can you send me ......?
- Will the articles that you feature be archived, so that readers can access them at a later date?
- I wrote to you but haven't received a reply yet
- I subscribed to the mailing list but haven't received a newsletter yet
- I'm looking for a job teaching English
- Where is my local British Council office or teaching centre?
- I am a teacher of English. What courses/exams can I take?
- I'd like to know more about IELTS
- I sent a comment to the site and it hasn’t been published
Can I send you an article for this site?
Yes! We are very happy to receive articles for this site, however articles may be edited and we cannot guarantee that all articles will be published. If you would like to send an article, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can you help me learn English?
As this site is intended for teachers of English we are not offering specific help with questions on the English language. If you would like to improve your English, the British Council and the BBC have specific sites for this.
British Council LearnEnglish
British Council LearnEnglish Kids
BBC Learning English
Can you help me find a training course?
You can find out about UK courses and qualifications in the Transform section of the website.
Will the articles that you feature remain on the site so that readers can access them at a later date?
Yes, absolutely! All articles, tips, activities, downloads etc, will usually remain permanently on the site.
I subscribed to the mailing list but haven't received a newsletter yet.
We send out the newsletter once a week. If you have an email account with a web-based service such as msn, hotmail, yahoo etc you may not be able to receive the newsletter or it may be considered as junk mail. Also if your mailbox is full you will not receive the newsletter. When a newsletter is not delivered it is returned to us and we are obliged to unsubscribe email addresses which are not receiving the newsletter.
I'm looking for a job teaching English.
To find out how to apply for a teaching job with the British Council go to: http://www.britishcouncil.org/teacherrecruitment
To view a list of current British Council teaching vacancies go to: https://trs.britishcouncil.org/internetSSL/indexmain.html
Where is my local British Council office or teaching centre?
For a list of British Council offices and teaching centres worldwide, see:
I am a teacher of English. What courses/exams can I take?
For details take a look at:
I'd like to know more about IELTS.
For detailed information about this exam, see:
- Teaching resources
- Teacher development
- Teacher training