Home › FAQs
Click on the links here to find the information you want.
- ELTeCS will include items strictly related to EL teacher development and practice, and English language usage
- Quick queries can be fitted in to the new ELTeCS newsletters, but what about lengthy answers? The questions will be hosted on TeachingEnglish, with a link for the discussion to continue there
- We won’t be able to advertise courses and events, or teacher development materials and packages for which a commercial fee is charged any more
- We’ll continue to run items about conferences, TA meetings, teachers’ workshops, Hornby Schools where the fees are not commercial, and are designed purely to cover or contribute to basic running costs
What do the new icons mean?
|Events, opportunities and calls to action (for example, to take part in a competition; submit a journal article; calls for papers, etc.).|
|Editors' notes, announcements and general information.|
|Requests for advice or help, or for feedback (for example, requests for taking part in research, questions such as 'Can you help?' and 'What do you think?' ).|
A good posting:
- is brief but thought provoking
- has clarity and coherence
- raises topics of common interest in the region
- is relevant to the needs and interests of the region’s members
And what shouldn’t be posted?
- stories which do not go beyond very local interest
- stories which are not specific enough or convey very little information
- anything encoded (including strange characters e.g. accents, symbols or unclear format)
- anything offensive. Messages must be respectful and sensitive, i.e. must not be obscene, crude, libellous, defamatory, inflammatory, wilfully misleading or inaccurate, and messages must not be prejudiced against or disrespectful of any individual or group (i.e. racism, sexism, stereotyping, etc.)
- links to inaccessible websites
Before submitting - a final checklist!
- make sure any urls work
- messages should be in plain text format, with a heading and should have a contact name and email address
- the maximum word limit is 100 words
- texts will appear black on white in the ELTeCS newsletter; please don't send graphic devices, images or photos
- Teaching resources
- Teacher development
- Teacher training