English Language Teaching Contacts Scheme - ELTeCS
If you like to know what’s happening when and who’s who in ELT, then you need ELTeCS. ELTeCS provides English teachers, teacher trainers and managers worldwide with the latest news about opportunities in their region and globally.
News comes from the members themselves, with additional alerts from the British Council. News items focus on teacher development and:
- workshops, Hornby schools, online courses
- conferences and other events, including calls for papers
- teacher association news
- online resources for teachers
- journals and newsletters, including calls for articles
- competitions and quizzes for teachers
- scholarships for teachers
- teacher and research projects, including invitations to participate
- vacancies, including calls for Hornby school directors and tutors
- reports and advice.
ELTeCS does this through six regional e-mail newslists, one each for:
|Africa and the Middle East||Central and South Asia||East Asia (incorporating China)|
|Europe, Caucasus and Russia||India and Sri Lanka||Latin America and Caribbean|
From April 2010 we launched a new-style approach to ELTeCS.
Subscription is free, and once subscribed, ELTeCS newslist members receive regular news digests automatically in their e-mail inboxes. Members can send their own news messages and queries too. ELTeCS encourages members to support each other and collaborate in various ways. In some countries, ELTeCS members meet face to face, for example, running professional development workshops.
- Subscribe to the ELTeCS newsletter for your region
- Meet the ELTeCS newslist editors
- Global address list of teachers associations
- ELTeCS FAQs
|ELTeCS promotional flyer||864.59 KB|
- Teaching resources
- Teacher development
- Teacher training