Age group: Older teens/adults
Timing: 90 minutes (plus homework)
- To develop students’ ability to understand detail.
- To encourage students to appreciate characterisation in a piece of creative writing.
- For students to reveal character in their own pieces of writing.
Suggested timetable fit:
- To fit with the timing of a local festival (especially Christmas for a multilingual group studying in a native speaker environment).
- To fit with a lesson on describing character.
Lesson plan: download lesson plan 01 / download worksheet 02 (teacher's notes)
Worksheets: download worksheet 01 / download worksheet 02
By Richard Lunt
The plans and worksheets are downloadable and in pdf format - right click on the attachment and save it on your computer.
Copyright - please read
All the materials on these pages are free for you to download and copy for educational use only. You may not redistribute, sell or place these materials on any other web site without written permission from the BBC and British Council. If you have any questions about the use of these materials please email us at: email@example.com
|Lesson plan: A Christmas Carol||36.4 KB|
|Worksheet 1: A Christmas Carol||52.38 KB|
|Worksheet 2: A Christmas Carol||35.82 KB|
|Worksheet 2 - teacher notes: A Christmas Carol||32.28 KB|
- Teaching resources
- Teacher development
- Teacher training