CPD framework – 4 Proficient
Julia, a teacher at stage 4
Flash was unable to load.
What teachers tell us they do at this stage
- 'I’ve found Jenny Johnson’s article on continuing professional development really helped me think about ways to develop: http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/think/articles/ways-continuing-professional-development'
- 'I found this great online newsletter, Humanising Language Teaching, http://www.hltmag.co.uk/ I’ve really learned a lot from it.'
- 'I started mentoring trainee teachers. It’s been a great experience. I’ve got confidence from them, because they appreciate my help. But I’ve also learned a lot from their fresh approach.'
At this stage:
- You demonstrate confidence and experience in your teaching, and are recognised by other teachers as a good practitioner. You have excellent English language skills, making English the language of the classroom
- You are active in your own CPD
- You have an initial English teaching qualification and may be working towards a further qualification as a teacher of English
Click on the 'Planning your development' link below to find helpful downloads, articles and links.
- Teaching resources
- Teacher development
- Teacher training