CPD framework – 2 Newly-qualified
Relinda, a teacher at stage 2
Flash was unable to load.
What teachers tell us they do at this stage
- 'I use the lesson plans on the Try section: www.teachingenglish.org.uk/try - they help me get variety for my learners.'
- 'I find every opportunity to observe and talk to experienced teachers of English.'
- 'I joined my local English teachers’ association and participate in their online community.'
- 'I watched the videos about teaching speaking skills here: http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/transform/video It was a great help to see teachers teaching and listening to the discussion.'
Newly qualified stage
At this stage:
- You have an initial qualification
- You work in a primary, general secondary, vocational or higher school, or in the private language school sector
- You have no more than 2-years’ full-time experience
- You may be working towards full accreditation as a teacher of English
Click on the 'Planning your development' link below to find helpful downloads, articles and links.
- Teaching resources
- Teacher development
- Teacher training