For the first time, materials for the BritLit project have been produced outside of Portugal, where the project began. Teachers working on BritLit in Hungary have been busily devising a new approach, and they have chosen to focus on four British cities, examining them through the eyes of their native poets. The first of these looks at the city of Liverpool and uses the words of Levi Tafari.
Levi Tafari has been described as a "crucial, rhythmic, poetic consciousness-raiser and urban griot." He regularly performs and does educational work both in the UK and internationally, as well as doing television and radio appearances.
- Liverpool poems 56k pdf - complete text of 'Liverpool'
- Introduction for teachers 19k pdf
- Characterisation 69k pdf - Character based activities
- Context 154k pdf - background information and exercises
- Word Work 27k pdf - language activities
- After reading exercises 40k pdf - follow-up and consolidation
- Answer key 298k pdf - teacher's notes for activities
- Teaching resources
- Teacher development
- Teacher training