This BritLit Primary Kit has been designed for use with any version of the tale. The kit integrates a range of mixed-ability cross-curricular materials within the context of the tale in order to actively engage children and develop their cognitive, linguistic and social skills. The kit includes storytelling tips, interactive language activities, games, puzzles, chants, project work, play, links to online animated tales and a book list of Jack and the Beanstalk stories.
You can also find computer based interactive materials for students on British Council's LearnEnglish Kids website.
Downloads The downloads are divided into six sections
- Introduction - Information about the activities and suggested levels
- Activities - materials related to the story
- Chants - materials to help with pronunciation
- Flashcards - materials to help you build up vocabulary
- The Play - materials to help your learners act out the story
- The Story - materials to support understanding of the story
Warning: Many of these files contain images. They may take some time to appear on your screen.
To save these files to your computer simply right click on the title and select 'Save Target As ..'. from the menu.
- Introduction - Information about the activities and suggested level
Activities - materials related to the story
Chants - materials to help with pronunciation
Flashcards - materials to help you build up vocabulary
The Play - materials to help your learners act out the story
The Story - materials to support understanding of the story
This is part of a short series of kits for primary school learners of English. It was produced to respond to the initiative of governments, including the Portuguese government, to lower the age at which English is taught in state schools.
Carolyne Ardron and Michelle Maia. Illustrations by Paul Millard
- Teaching resources
- Teacher development
- Teacher training