'Ex Poser' is the second in a series of short stories selected for 13 and 14 year old learners of English. It is based on another authentic short story by popular Australian children's writer Paul Jennings, the first having proved so popular. While the layout is similar to previous BritLit kits, it is aimed at CEF levels A2 to B1 although it continues to deal fearlessly with unedited vocabulary and idiom. It concerns the acute embarrassment faced by a school student who makes a wrong judgement about a pair of 'snob' kids at his school. He gets his friend 'Boffin' to use his lie detecting machine, and the questions he asks come back to face himself. This is a very short story (about 750 words) which asks a lot of questions.
- Short story 20k pdf - Complete text of 'Ex Poser'
- Introduction 57k pdf - For teachers
- Characterisation 26k pdf - Character based activities
- Context 436k pdf - Background information and exercises
- Word Work 43k pdf - Language activities
- After reading exercises 177k pdf - Follow-up and consolidation
- Answer key 43k pdf - Teacher's notes for activities.
By Paul Jennings
- Teaching resources
- Teacher development
- Teacher training