Do you know how to make an accordion or a fan by folding paper? You do? Great! :)
Writing an essay can be a whole class project!
1. Take a piece of paper and give it to a student. He writes a sentence and passes the paper to the student next to him.
2. That student continues the "story" writing another sentence under the first one.
3. Then he folds the paper to hide the previous sentence and passes the paper on.
4. Each student sees only the last sentence that has been written, writes the next one, folds the paper and passes on.
5. It goes around until the whole paper is folded into an accordion.
6. You unfold it and read it! It is usually hilarious!
Not seeing the beginning makes the stories go in all kinds of directions and they become veeeeery interesting. It triggers their imagination! ;) Just the other day I got a green-eyed monster living in the school attic which teaches Music and eats homework.... :)
Usually they ask to take them home and show them to others. :)
TIPS: To make it easier for them you can write the first sentence.
You should send few papers so pupils don´t sit and wait for the paper for too long.
- Teaching resources
- Teacher development
- Teacher training