Hello, my dear colleagues! Today I’d like to present to you my top 5 list of quotes on different aspects of motivation. Can you add some more words of wisdom to it?
1. ‘Always have a book at hand, in the parlor, on the table, for the family; a book of condensed thought and striking anecdote, of sound maxims and truthful apothegms. It will impress on your own mind a thousand valuable suggestions, and teach your children a thousand lessons of truth and duty. Such a book is a casket of jewels for your housebold.’
Really, books are full of wisdom. It would be a sin not to use it. Sometimes, you don’t have to invent anything – it already exists!
2. ‘There is only one way... to get anybody to do anything. And that is by making the other person want to do it.’
Certainly, it’s very important to be a good example in everything, even a role model sometimes. A good teacher is able to motivate many students simply by doing his’her job professionally.
3. ‘Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his whole strength and soul can be a true master. For this reason mastery demands all of a person.’
Well, if you do something you have to do it well – as simply as that. Even if you do something great spontaneously or by chance, it’s in fact the result of your previous work and achievements.
4. ‘The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.’
The Greek philosophy often sets an example for us: it’s amazing to what result can lead some willing and effort.
5. ‘We know nothing about motivation. All we can do is write books about it.’
Peter F. Drucker
Not a bad idea at all. After all, no living man all things can:)))
- Teaching resources
- Teacher development
- Teacher training