Students will firstly sing a song to introduce the topic of the weather. They will then do a series of activities to practise weather vocabulary from the LearnEnglish Kids website. Students make a weather chart to practise question forms and short answers to talk about the weather. For homework they will follow up by recording the weather for a week and then talking about it in the following class.
- To practise questions forms and short answers
- To use weather related poems and rhymes to practise vocabulary
- To introduce seasons and review the months of the year
- To review adjectives – hot, cold, warm etc.
CEFR level A1 / A2
The lesson plan can be downloaded in PDF format below. In addition, you will need:
- A large circle of card per student
- A paper fastener per student
- Sequencing cards for Incy Wincy Spider:
- A class set of rulers and extra crayons
- Photocopies of the worksheet in stage 2: