Learners will sing a song to introduce the topic, then they will review and practise weather vocabulary using flashcards and worksheets or online activities. They will then make a weather wheel to practise talking about the weather in different seasons. For homework they will follow up by recording the weather for a week and then talking about it in the following class.
- To use weather-related songs and rhymes to practise vocabulary
- To review weather vocabulary
- To practise talking about the weather and seasons
- To review adjectives – hot, cold, warm, etc.
CEFR level A1/A2
The lesson plan can be downloaded in PDF format below. In addition, you will need:
- weather activities
- weather wheel materials, per learner:
- a large circle of card, with lines drawn dividing it into eight segments
- two strips of card, to be the ‘hands’ of the wheel
- a paper fastener