This lesson focuses on the weather. Students will firstly sing a song to introduce the topic of the weather. They will then do a series of activities to practise weather vocabulary from the LearnEnglish Kids website. Students make a weather chart to practise question forms and short answers to talk about the weather. For homework they will follow up by recording the weather for a week and then talking about it in the following class.
• To practise questions forms and short answers
• To use weather related poems and rhymes to practise vocabulary
• To introduce seasons and review the months of the year
• To review adjectives – hot, cold, warm etc.
Age group: Primary
Level: A1 / A2
Time: 60 minutes
1. A large circle of card per student
2. A paper fastener per student
3. Sequencing cards for Incy Wincy Spider
4. A class set of rulers and extra crayons
5. Photocopies of the worksheet in stage 2
6. Photocopies of the weather chart for homework