It includes teachers, teacher trainers, writers, editors, researchers, designers, illustrators, artists, photographers, and filmmakers - all with a shared belief in the value of visual arts - drawing, painting, sculpture, design, crafts, photography, video, and filmmaking - in language education.
The Visual Arts Circle was established with the belief that incorporating visual arts is an extremely effective way of improving the quality of teaching and
learning, particularly in the field of language teaching. Through the process of sharing information and experiences with the group our members learn from each other, and have an opportunity to develop personally and professionally.
Its intention is to:
- engage language teachers in practical uses of the visual arts in the language classroom.
- encourage a dialogue between language teachers in order to share activities and creative approaches to the use of visual arts in language teaching.
- bring together like-minded professionals so as to build a creative and vibrant visual arts community.
- open the group to all those committed to its values and objectives beyond the language teaching community.
- publicise the value of visual arts in language education through articles, books, conferences and workshops, videos, films, and social media.
- seek cooperation with any recognised organisation which shares the same ideas and values.
The Visual Arts Circle hopes to make a difference through:
- involving professionals in multiple fields and at all levels.
- demonstrating the benefits of visual arts in language education with practical and useful guidance from experts in a variety of fields.
For more information, go to https://visualartscircle.com/