About the webinar
Using picturebooks offers an innovative, flexible and motivating approach to language development in a visual, literary and cultural context, as it allows you to bring multimodal representation into the classroom. This session shows how picturebooks selected from the British Council’s Drawing Words exhibition can be used to help children of primary school age develop English as well as visual and emotional literacy.
About the speaker
Gail Ellis, Advisor Young Learners and Quality, is based at the British Council in Paris. She has published widely in the field of young learners and is co-author of Tell it Again! and Teaching children how to learn. She is an advocate for children’s language learning rights and her main interests include children’s literature, ELT management, and inclusive practices. She is a member of Picturebooks in European Primary English Language Teaching (PEPELT).
TeachingEnglish webinars - important information, please read
- Our webinars currently take place online in Adobe Connect and they are free and accesible to anyone. You do not need any special equipment to watch the webinars apart from a computer with the audio on.
- If you have never attended a TeachingEnglish webinar before, you may need to create a password. You will need to register with a valid email address. Once you have registered you will receive a confirmation email. Keep this email safe - it contains the URL to join the webinar.
- If you have previously registered for a TeachingEnglish webinar, you will already have a password. Log in with your email address and password. If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it.
- All TeachingEnglish webinars are recorded and available to watch on demand between 24 and 48 hours after the live webinar has ended.
- Certificates of attendance are available for all attendees. The link to obtain your certificate is provided at the end of the webinar, in the thank you for attending email and at the end of the feedback survey. You should type your name on the certificate and download it.