You are here
Using inclusive practices self-study booklet
It forms part of a series of self-study booklets, in which teachers will find useful theory and practice for teaching English effectively, including short case studies and professional development activities to do individually and with colleagues.
Featuring a range of engaging and accessible activities, the booklets help teachers to:
- identify areas for development
- find a variety of ways to improve their teaching knowledge
- develop the skills they need in and out of the classroom.
Teacher educators can make use of these materials to work with developing teachers to help assess and address their learning needs.
Each booklet covers one of the professional practices in the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Framework for teachers and is based on research into what effective professional development involves.
In this booklet, you will look at:
- Recognising and valuing diversity
- Developing positive attitudes towards diversity in your learners
- Using pedagogical strategies that encourage inclusive education within a supportive learning environment
- Involving parents, learners and other relevant individuals in creating an inclusive learning environment
- Assessing individual learners in a variety of ways that allow them to demonstrate the progress they are making
- Supporting your learners in identifying, addressing and assessing learning goals based on reasonable adjustment
The publications are free to download in pdf format