They can both be used with low level students.
- Make copies of the scripts to give to your students as feedback and download the audio recordings to play in class.
- Make copies of the worksheets.
- Hand out the worksheets and check that your students understand them.
- Play the recording of the audio once, then ask the students to check their answers in pairs.
- Play the audio again one or two more times as needed.
- Hand out the script and ask the students to read the script and check their answers against it.
- Clarify the correct answers for them.
Listening activity 1: In a language school café
Listen to two students talking in a language school cafeteria, and decide if the following statements are true or false. You may listen twice.
Listening activity 2: Making an appointment
Listen to Cathy and Keith trying to agree on a date to meet. Decide whether the following statements are true or false.
You can follow this up by putting your students in pairs to practise the conversations.