You are here
Secondary student well-being
This lesson has been developed for use in face-to-face classrooms where physical distancing rules are in place, but can be used in any face-to-face teaching context. There is also a version of the lesson plan for use in remote teaching contexts.
Well-being refers to eating and sleeping well, exercise, giving time to things/people that make you feel happy and healthy. But when there’s a lot of time on our hands, like during a lockdown, it’s easy to abandon these important daily routines. In this lesson, students read advice about planning their days more effectively and ensuring they maintain their well-being. They follow up with an interview in pairs to discover what they can improve and discuss which tips would serve them best.
- increase awareness of ‘well-being’ and learn associated vocabulary
- develop reading skills (reading for main ideas and for detail)
- improve intonation in questions and practise them with a partner.
Age and level
Secondary students at CEFR level B1 and above
Teacher notes, student worksheets and class material are available to download below
Important - please read
- This lesson has been created for teachers working in face-to-face classrooms where Covid-19 restrictions are in place, or for teachers who are delivering classes remotely.
- There is guidance provided at the start of the face-to-face lesson plan, designed to provide suggested ideas for managing pair work and group work in a physically distanced classroom environment.
- There is guidance provided at the start of the online lesson plan, designed to help teachers manage remote delivery of classes effectively.
- These are general guides, and your situation may be different. You may need to adapt the lesson to the context you are working in.
See our other lesson plans in this series for secondary students
- Pros and cons of lockdown (CEFR B1 and above)
- Positives and negatives of remote learning (CEFR B2 and above)
- Life after Covid-19 (CEFR B1 and above)
- Conspiracy theories (CEFR B1 and above) - available on request