It sounds difficult, but you can make one yourself, such as "I am a teacher, I work hard, I love my students, and they love me too."
- Tell them that you want to be the first to have the poem they write before it is published
- Give them the words you want them to use
- Perhaps elicit some rhyming words for this vocabulary set
- Students may work in pairs or individually
- You can display the poems around the wall for the students to walk around - in pairs - and give some kind of mark or comment of appreciation
Another way is to use the words in a picture game.
- Have each student write a card with the written word and one with a drawing or a magazine (or similar) cut-out.
- Put 20 of them in line face down (one line for words and one for pictures).
- Each student lifts one picture and a word. If they match, s/he gets one point.
- If not, s/he puts them back.
- The others probably will take notice where the answer is.
- You have to have a place where they will not disturb other classes, because it gets noisy.
Martha Valenzuela, Honduras