This unit is designed to give students opportunities to explore Pride & Prejudice from a dramatic point of view.
It terms of language, it focuses on how the author uses vocabulary to convey subtle meanings. Refer to the article ‘Jane Austen and the Art of Conversation’ for further discussion on this.
Level: Intermediate /B1 onwards
Time: approx. 55 minutes
- To explore dialogues in the text of Pride & Prejudice
- To help students to develop critical reading skills
- To call students attention to possible relationships between text and performance
- To motivate student to think creatively about a text
- To provide opportunities to explore dialogues in Austen’s text
The teacher notes, lesson plan and student worksheets are all available to download below.