This lesson focuses on reviewing vocabulary for parts of the body with the well-known song, Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes, and then goes on to introduce the characters from and tell the story of Little Red Riding Hood.
Learners are encouraged to put the story into the correct order using flashcards, and then to participate in retelling the story. There are also suggestions for follow-up activities to review the language learned.
- To introduce/review parts of the body
- To introduce related verbs – i.e. to eat, to smell, to hear, to see
- To practise listening skills
- To practise sequencing a narrative
CEFR level A1/A2
The lesson plan can be downloaded in PDF format below. In addition, you will need:
- Masks or finger puppets for the Little Red Riding Hood characters (make these before the class). You can find some here:
- Poster of the Little Red Riding Hood story:
- Little Red Riding Hood story transcript:
- Flashcards of the Little Red Riding Hood story. You can find some here: