This lesson focuses on reviewing vocabulary for parts of the body, with a well known song, and then goes on to tell the story of “Little Red Riding Hood’’. Students are encouraged to put the story into the correct order using flashcards, and then to retell the story themselves. There are also suggestions for follow up activities to review the vocabulary learnt.
• To introduce/ review parts of the body
• To introduce related verbs – i.e. to eat, to smell, to hear, to see
• To practise listening skills
• To practise sequencing a narrative’
Age group: Primary
Level: A1 / A2
Time: 60 + minutes
1. A print out of the children’s song ‘Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes’. You can find one here: http://www.enchantedlearning.com/rhymes/headshoulders.shtml
2. A copy of the story ‘Little Red Riding Hood’ (you can find one on LearnEnglish Kids here: http://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/en/short-stories/little-red-riding-hood
3. Flashcards of the Little Red Riding Hood story – you can find some here: http://www.dltk-teach.com/rhymes/little_red_riding_hood_section.htm
4. Masks for the Grandmother, Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf – make these before the class – put onto card, cut out eyes, attach string.
By: Jo Bertrand
Copyright – Please read
All the materials on these pages are free and available for you to download and copy for educational use only. You may not redistribute, sell or place these materials on any other web site without written permission from the BBC and British Council. If you have any questions about the use of these materials, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org