This lesson focuses on reviewing vocabulary for parts of the body with a well known song, and then goes on to tell the story of Little Red Riding Hood. Students are encouraged to put the story into the correct order using flashcards, and then to retell the story themselves. There are also suggestions for follow up activities to review the vocabulary learnt.
- To introduce / review parts of the body
- To introduce related verbs – i.e. to eat, to smell, to hear, to see
- To practise listening skills
- To practise sequencing a narrative
CEFR level A1 / A2
The lesson plan can be downloaded in PDF format below. In addition, you will need:
- A print out of the children’s song Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes. You can find one here:
- A copy of the Little Red Riding Hood story. You can find one on LearnEnglish Kids here:
- Flashcards of the Little Red Riding Hood story. You can find some here:
- Masks for the Grandmother, Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf. Make these before the class – put onto card, cut out eyes and attach string.