Many important movies are being made about climate change but few are aimed at young audiences. The Odyssey 2050 project is different as it is aimed at raising awareness among young people worldwide of the need to prevent dangerous climate change. The UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office invites young people around the world to participate in the making of an animated feature film, under the guidance of the artistic director in the production of 'Avatar'.
45 minutes - but with additional materials available
- To introduce learners to the film and provide classes with a stimulus for making their own contributions to the Odyssey 2050 project and encouraging them to examine their own and classmates’ feelings about climate change
- To provide learners with an opportunity to express and justify their opinions with regards to what actions can be taken to prevent climate change
- Lesson plan: guide for teacher on procedure
- Worksheets: can be printed for use in class
- Answer key: answers to the worksheet exercises
- Additional materials: to extend the plan over more lessons
By Rebecca Mason, British Council Poland
The plans and worksheets are downloadable and in MS Word format - right click on the attachment below and save it on your computer.
Copyright - please read
All the materials on these pages are free for you to download and copy for educational use only. You may not redistribute, sell or place these materials on any other web site without written permission from the BBC and British Council. If you have any questions about the use of these materials please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org