This lesson focuses on introducing or reviewing language to describe classroom objects. Students will learn the names for a series of common classroom objects (the teacher can decide on these, based on what there is in their particular classroom). They will also learn / review prepositions of place in order to be able to describe where things are in the classroom. There is a fun song to practise the language, as well as several ideas for follow up / revision or homework activities.
• To review vocabulary related to classroom objects
• To learn / review prepositions of place
• To practise using the structure ‘there is…’
Age group: Primary
Time: 60 + minutes
1. Set of sticky labels with the names of classroom objects written on them. Suggested items: Pen, pencil, folder, desk, sellotape, board, clock, computer, projector etc.
2. 6 or 7 large speech bubbles with sentences in like ‘It’s on the table’’