They are introduced to different sea animals through flashcard games. Using the flashcards, the teacher describes sea animals for children to guess.
Pupils complete a worksheet to invent their own sea creatures which they present to their classmates. End the lesson by listening to the fun song Everything beneath the sea from our LearnEnglish Kids website.
- To learn about some of the animals that live under the sea.
- To practise talking about sea animals (big, small, long, colours, it has / hasn’t got legs, etc.).
- To give pupils an opportunity to create their own sea creature and present it to their classmates.
- To provide listening practise with an ocean-themed song (see link, below).
6 - 12 years old
CEF level A1 - A2
50 - 60 minutes
The lesson plan and student worksheets can be downloaded below in PDF format. In addition you will need:
- Sea animals flashcards: https://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/en/flashcards/sea-animals-flashcards
- Sticky tac and coloured pens or pencils