TeachingEnglish
      Little Red Riding Hood

All around the world children love listening to and reading fairy tales in their mother tongue. Whatever the reason, fairy tales provide both children and teachers with a familiar starting point from which to explore stories in a second language.

This kit contains a variety of resources, from text and tasks to illustrations, flashcards and presentations, for you to download and use in your classroom. You can also find computer based interactive materials for students on British Council's LearnEnglish Kids website.

Downloads - The downloads are divided into five sections

• Activities - is a collection of materials related to the story
      • Chants - is a collection of spoken drill type activities
      • Flashcards - is to help you build up vocabulary and support understanding
      • Play - helps you to use the materials to produce a short play
      • Story - helps you to tell the story

Warning: Many of these files contain images. They may take some time to appear on your screen.
      To save these files to your computer simply right click on the title and select 'Save Target As ..'. from the menu.

Activities - is a collection of materials related to the story

• Introduction - tells you how you can use the materials in class

Chants - is a collection of spoken drill type activities

Flashcards - is to help you build up vocabulary and support understanding

Play - helps you to use the materials to produce a short play

Story - helps you to tell the story

About BritLit
      This is the first in a short series of kits for primary school learners of English. It was produced to respond to the initiative of governments, including the Portuguese government, to lower the age at which English is taught in state schools.

Carolyne Ardron and Sue Clarke. Illustrations by Paul Millard

wood.ppt102 KB
      working-plays.pdf57.97 KB
      working-stories.pdf73.42 KB
      colourinlrrh.pdf95.42 KB
      flashcards.ppt7.46 MB
      Average: 4.1 (280 votes)

Comments

eman selim's picture
      eman selim
      Submitted on 30 June, 2009 - 14:23

I would like to thank you so much for the great help you have done to us. Actually I had used the play of little red riding hood in class and the result was really fantastic the children were really motivated and they started to participate in a wonderful way it was really unexpected even the ones who were shy. It was great work thanks a lot.

agurata's picture
      agurata
      Submitted on 18 November, 2009 - 21:18

Thanks for the wonderful activity! I look forward to trying it with my young adult students of English.

CLANI's picture
      CLANI
      Submitted on 4 December, 2009 - 03:35

Hi everybody!! I'm Paola, a teacher of English from Argentina. I'd like to know if you could download all the files about Little Red Riding Hood. I tried some of them but I couldn't.

agueda castillo's picture
      agueda castillo
      Submitted on 4 April, 2010 - 03:33

Hi Paola!

I’m Águeda an English teacher from Panamá. I also tried to download the files about Little Red Riding Hood but I couldn’t. If someone has an answer please help us.

Thanks

Rob Lewis's picture
      Rob Lewis (not verified)
      Submitted on 6 April, 2010 - 10:42

Hi Águeda
      Sorry to hear about your problems downloading the file - please try again now, and if you still have the problem I'll send you a copy via email!
      Best wishes
      Rob

perryjn's picture
      perryjn
      Submitted on 12 July, 2010 - 16:45

Hi,This whole lesson plan and activies were really outstanding. Thank you very much for sharing all these information.Perry.

watiprihanto's picture
      watiprihanto
      Submitted on 21 September, 2010 - 07:33

Hi, I'm an English teacher from Indonesia. I usually asked to conduct story telling contest annualy. Are there any other stories besides Little Red Riding Hood?

nursewithout's picture
      nursewithout
      Submitted on 4 December, 2010 - 00:51

Hey thanks for this, I am a huge fan of all children literature. I am also a teacher in California, USA, and My kids love these stories.   If you guys were looking for more stories for your kids I found this directory of stories at http://www.popularchildrenstories.com/cna training,  I think your kids might enjoy them, I know mine have.

Bhavna Bhat's picture
      Bhavna Bhat
      Submitted on 7 December, 2010 - 01:49

Many thanks for a comprehensive site. I need to go for a storytelling session with 30 odd 5 year olds (including my son) and thanks to your site, am raring to go. This is an amazingly well done and researched story. Keep up the good work!

hayriye's picture
      hayriye
      Submitted on 31 January, 2011 - 21:07

Thank you for sharing such great ideas. I'm teaching very young learners. I'm sure that they'll love them. I downloaded all the activities. But I downloaded them one by one. Is there a way to download all the attachments at the same time?