This kit contains a variety of resources, from text and tasks to illustrations, flashcards and presentations, for you to download and use in your classroom. You can also find computer based interactive materials for students on British Council's LearnEnglish Kids website.
Downloads - The downloads are divided into five sections
- Activities - is a collection of materials related to the story
- Chants - is a collection of spoken drill type activities
- Flashcards - is to help you build up vocabulary and support understanding
- Play - helps you to use the materials to produce a short play
- Story - helps you to tell the story
Warning: Many of these files contain images. They may take some time to appear on your screen.
To save these files to your computer simply right click on the title and select 'Save Target As ..'. from the menu.
Activities - is a collection of materials related to the story
- Introduction - tells you how you can use the materials in class
Chants - is a collection of spoken drill type activities
Flashcards - is to help you build up vocabulary and support understanding
- Working with flashcards (notes for teachers)
Play - helps you to use the materials to produce a short play
- Working with plays (notes for teachers)
- Making masks (black and white)
- Making masks (colour)
Story - helps you to tell the story
- Working with stories (notes for teachers)
This is the first in a short series of kits for primary school learners of English. It was produced to respond to the initiative of governments, including the Portuguese government, to lower the age at which English is taught in state schools.
Carolyne Ardron and Sue Clarke. Illustrations by Paul Millard