IATEFL’s Special Interest Groups (SIGs) give teachers and other ELT professionals opportunities to share knowledge and best practice and specialise in key areas of English Language Teaching and Learning.
The SIGs offer:
- Training events, workshops and conferences organised around the world each year
- Discussion forums
- Networking opportunities
- Communities of Practice
There are 15 SIGs to choose from:
- Business English
- English for Specific Purposes
- Global Issues
- Leadership and Management
- Learner Autonomy
- Learning Technologies
- Literature, Media and Cultural Studies
- Materials writing
- Teacher Development
- Teacher Training and Education
- Testing, Evaluation and Assessment
- Young Learners and Teenagers
You have to be a member of IATEFL to join a SIG, but non-members can attend SIG events and often join in online discussions.
You can find out more about specific SIGs at: http://www.iatefl.org/special-interest-groups/sig-list
Why don’t you find out how you can join over 4,600 ELT professionals throughout the world who are already members of IATEFL’s SIGs?
IATEFL SIG Representative on the IATEFL Board of Trustees