It terms of language, it focuses on word forms, mainly nouns and adjectives, to help students develop their paraphrasing skills.
Level: Low intermediate /A2 onwards
Time: approx. 55 minutes
- To introduce the characters in Pride and Prejudice
- To introduce/ review/ recycle language to describe people
- To help student to expand their vocabulary
- To help student to develop different reading strategies
- To practise word and sentence transformation
- To provide opportunities to explore aspects of Austen’s characterisation.
The teacher notes, lesson plan and worksheet are all available to download at the bottom of the page.
In addition, you will need pictures of various characters in Pride and Prejudice, which can be found online.