In this excellent post, Veronika Palovska shares her thoughts on how reading blogs can help students improve their fluency.
This month's shortlist includes ideas on ending the lesson, a video-based lesson plan, tips on becoming an online teacher, a lesson plan about time management for advanced level students and strategies for planning a grammar lesson.
- Miguel Míguez: Bringing closure to a lesson - Do students always take away something memorable from our lessons? Miguel shares his ideas on how best to bring closure to lessons and includes a downloadable template we can use.
- Film English: PENELOPE IN THE TREEHOUSE Another great, video-based lesson plan from Film English on the theme of families. It gives intermediate+ students plenty of opportunities to extend their vocabulary, develop their speaking skills and practise using the past simple.
- Teach English Online: 16 Powerful Tips to Help You Earn a Living Doing What You Love Thinking of setting yourself up as an online teacher? Jack Askew has some sound advice.
- ELT-Connect: C1 Lesson - How to Manage Time! A complete lesson from ELT-Connect aimed at C1 students. It’s on the theme of time management and it might help you organise your working day, too!
- Gianfranco Conti: Planning the grammar lesson – heading for M.A.R.S. How do you teach grammar? Gianfranco Conti takes us on a journey to MARS to show us how he does it in this fascinating blog post.