This lesson introduces learners to some of the main issues related to climate change. Learners focus on dictionary skills and the pronunciation of strong and weak syllables in long words. Focusing on the lexis in detail will help them recognise and use these terms outside the classroom.
By the end of the lesson learners will be able to:
- understand important causes of environmental problems and some
- extend their understanding of lexis connected to climate change and
- improve understanding of pronunciation information given in a dictionary
- take notes and retell information to others
- use expressions of certainty when discussing events likely to happen in
Lesson plan: guide for teacher on procedure including answers to tasks.
Worksheets: materials which can be printed out for use in class. These worksheets contain:
- Vocabulary and word stress
- Jigsaw reading cards
By Kirsteen Donaghy
Copyright - please read
All the materials on these pages are free for you to download and copy for educational use only. You may not redistribute, sell or place these materials on any other web site without written permission from the BBC and British Council. If you have any questions about the use of these materials please email us at: email@example.com