You are here
ELTRA 2018 winners
The 2018 British Council ELT Research Awards programme attracted 19 high quality proposals from universities across the UK.
All submissions were reviewed by a panel of evaluators against the following criteria:
- opportunities for international collaboration
- value for money
- alignment with British Council priorities.
The following 6 proposals were selected to receive a grant this year:
- Dr Gary Motteram from the University of Manchester: Resilience and language teacher development in challenging contexts: Supporting teachers through social media
- Dr Sharon McCulloch from the University of Central Lancashire: Investigating EAP provision in Sri Lankan higher education: Current trends and future needs
- Dr Doris Dippold from the University of Surrey: Oral skills development in pre-sessional EAP classes and student transition to academic disciplines: an investigation in Anglophone and non-Anglophone EMI settings
- Dr Nicola Galloway from University of Edinburgh: The growing global phenomenon of English Medium of Instruction (EMI) in higher education: policy, perceptions, impact, and the role of ‘English’
- Dr Dieuwerke Rutgers from the University of Cambridge: The knowledge base of CLIL teaching in multilingual primary education settings
- Dr Siân Etherington from the University of Salford: ‘Sticky objects’ and pathways to well-being and resilience: teacher understandings of and practices in positive psychology in their classrooms’