The ELTons Innovation Awards are the international awards that recognise and celebrate innovation in English language teaching (ELT). The awards recognise innovative educational products, publications, apps and projects meeting high standards of excellence in innovation and supporting English language learners and teachers achieve their teaching and learning goals.
From a highly competitive international field of 150 submissions across five categories, 26 finalists were selected independently, individually and behind closed doors by the ELTons Innovations Awards’ expert judging panel. See the complete list of this year's finalists.
The ELTons Awards Ceremony was hosted by lexicographer and star of Channel 4’s Countdown Susie Dent.
Awards were presented in the following categories:
- Excellence in Course Innovation
- Innovation in Learner Resources
- Innovation in Teacher Resources
- Digital Innovation
- Local Innovation in partnership with Cambridge Assessment English
- The ELTRAs (English Language Teaching Research Awards)
- The Award for Outstanding Contribution to English language teaching and learning
Watch a recording of the awards ceremony below.