Focus on the language and ideas in the poems; keep a positive attitude and motivate your students to see this as an opportunity for intercultural exchange.
Age group: Young adult learners, mature learners, literature students
Time: Approx. 90 min
- To introduce students to three of Dylan Thomas’ most celebrated poems
- To raise students’ awareness of main themes in English literature
- To promote intercultural discussion and understanding
- To help students expand their vocabulary
- To give students opportunities to develop the four skills
- To give students opportunities to discuss more complex issues
- To give students the opportunity to explore films and plays
- Student worksheet
- Access to Jeremy Harmer’s recording of Do not go gentle into that good night.
- Optional: pictures of baptisms, weddings, and funerals
By Chris Lima
Copyright - please read
All the materials on these pages are free for you to download and copy for educational use only. You may not redistribute, sell or place these materials on any other web site without written permission from the BBC and British Council. If you have any questions about the use of these materials please email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org