Students should work together to design the next generation mobile phone. They should be encouraged to be as imaginative as they can.
- To get them started, ask these questions to the group and see what they think.
- What do you think mobile phones will be like in 20 or 100 years time?
- What will you be able to do with your phone?
- How big will it be and what will it look like?
- Then ask the students to work in groups and design the mobile phone of the future. Tell them to imagine they work for a mobile phone company. They should decide:
- Who it is for (men, women, professionals, teens, etc.)
- What size it will be
- What features it will have
- You can go around the groups and monitor. They may well need a lot of support with new vocabulary.
- At the end of the activity you could get each group to present their ideas.
This activity was first published on the British Council's Language Assistant website.