Students should work together to design the next generation mobile phone. They should be encouraged to be as imaginative as they can.
This activity was first published on the British Council's Language Assistant website as part of a lesson on mobile phones.
- To get them started, ask these questions to the group and see what they think.
- What do you think mobile phones will be like in 20 or 100 years time?
- What will you be able to do with your phone?
- How big will it be and what will it look like?
- Then ask the students to work in groups and design the mobile phone of the future
- Tell them to imagine they work for a mobile phone company. They should decide:
- What features the phone should have
- What size it will be
- Who it is for (men, women, professionals, teens etc.)
- You can go around the groups and monitor. They may well need a lot of support with new vocabulary.
- At the end of the activity you could get each group to present their ideas.