This lesson is all about creativity and innovation. Students start with a discussion which leads into a vocabulary task and reading activities. The lesson focuses on using the past simple and present perfect.
Creativity and Innovation
60 - 90 minutes
- To discuss what constitutes creativity and identify examples of innovation in Britain and internationally
- To identify the meaning of vocabulary in the context of creativity and innovation
- To practise the sub-skill of reading for gist
- To identify the form of the present perfect tense and explore its use to link the past with the present with the word since
- To distinguish between when to use the past simple tense (to refer to completed actions in the past) and when to use the present perfect tense (to connect the present with a past time)
By Caroline Wilkinson
The plans and worksheets are downloadable and in pdf format - right click on the attachment and save it on your computer.
Copyright - please read
All the materials on these pages are free for you to download and copy for educational use only. You may not redistribute, sell or place these materials on any other web site without written permission from the BBC and British Council. If you have any questions about the use of these materials please email us at: email@example.com