This lesson is about the countryside and, in particular, National Parks and UK rural tourist attractions. The lesson practises speaking and listening skills through discussion and an information-gap activity. The main text in the lesson provides practice of the sub-skills of reading for gist and specific detail.
90 minutes (plus extension activities)
- To introduce and discover more about various aspects of the British countryside
- To identify the meaning of vocabulary in the context of countryside and National Parks
- To practise reading for specific detail and gist
- To discuss the importance of the preservation of the countryside and attitudes towards rural areas and National Parks
- To ask and respond to questions about countryside attractions in the UK
The plans and worksheets are downloadable and in pdf format - right click on the attachment and save it on your computer.
Copyright - please read
All the materials on these pages are free for you to download and copy for educational use only. You may not redistribute, sell or place these materials on any other web site without written permission from the BBC and British Council. If you have any questions about the use of these materials please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org