You are here
Consequences role play
Give each student a piece of paper. On this they must first write:
- The first name of their favourite movie star - male or female but of the opposite gender to themselves
- Their favourite fruit
- A number between 1 - 9
- The names of vegetables - the same number of vegetables as the number given above
- A job they don't like
- Their favourite job they would like to do
- A description of their dream house e.g. by the sea, in the mountains - using adjectives to describe this place
- Finally, they describe what country they would really like to live in.
Now they are required to change character to the person they have described on the piece of paper. Here are what the points above mean:
- This is their husband's or wife's first name
- This is their family name
- This indicates the number of children they have
- This indicates the children's names
- This is their job
- This is the their husband's or wife's job
- This describes the family house and tells the listener where it is located
- This last point tells us what country they come from.
Students read through the points and now are told they are at a party where they are meeting famous people. Now they must introduce themselves to several people in the room as this person.
They need to share the conversation, so they need to be interactive and find out about other people in the room. It may help to put them in small groups or allow them to walk around the classroom.
You could follow this up by getting students to say who they felt was the most interesting person they met and why.
I find this exercise creative as many students try to change accents to their new role and there are lots of laughs as students try to remember all the key points of their new family.