- football skills: control and first touch
- Lexis – football terminology
- Skills – Listening
- This activity requires an internet connection in the classroom to watch the video. I suggest you downstream the whole video before the lesson begins so that it plays smoothly during the lesson.
- Prepare one worksheet per pupil, or alternatively project / write the questions on the board and tell pupils to copy them into their books.
- Ask pupils to brainstorm all the football words they know in English.
- Play the video and ask pupils to listen for the football words they listed before. (Football words in the video include: ball, dribble and pass)
- Give out the worksheet, let pupils read the questions without answering yet. Let pupils check/look up any unknown vocabulary in the questions.
- Play the video again. Pupils answer the questions whist watching.
- If necessary, play the video again.
- Check answers by playing the video and stopping before and after the answer to the question is given. The answers are: 1.b, 2.c, 3.a, 4.b, 5.b, 6.c
Go out and play, using the newly studied language to give instructions. This video is the first in a series of football training videos. You could continue by showing your pupils more of these, available on this page.
By Chris Baldwin