The ELTons are the only international awards that recognise and celebrate excellence in innovation in English language teaching.
This year, from a highly competitive international field of 115 submissions across five categories, 29 finalists have been selected independently, individually and behind closed doors by the ELTons Innovations Awards’ expert judging panel. The winners will be announced at the highly anticipated evening awards ceremony on 14 June.
Live online coverage starts on Wednesday 14 June, 17.30 UK time (Find the time where you are)
How can you take part?
- Join community practitioners and influencers from around the world in the live chats on the TeachingEnglish Facebook page and on the EnglishAgenda website.
- Watch the live-stream of the awards ceremony and red carpet interviews on the EnglishAgenda website
If you can’t access the live-stream, you can get real-time reactions of the ELTons live blogger, Jason Anderson, winner of the British Council ELTons Award for Local Innovation 2016, teacher educator and best-selling author.
17.30-18.30: Red carpet interviews
19.00-20.15: ELTons Innovation Awards Ceremony, hosted by celebrity host, lexicographer and etymologist, Susie Dent from Channel 4's Countdown.
20.30-21.30: Winner interviews
The awards will be presented in the following order:
- Digital Innovation (watch a video of the Digital Innovation finalists)
- Excellence in Course Innovation (watch a video of the Excellence in Course Innovation finalists)
- Local Innovation (watch a video of the Local Innovation finalists)
- Innovation in Learner Resources (watch a video of the Innovation in Learner Resources finalists)
- Innovation in Teacher Resources (watch a video of the Innovation in Teacher Resources finalists)
- British Council Awards
- The Lifetime Achievement Award