The materials in this toolkit were developed as part of a British Council funded research project which explored teacher attitudes to assessment and their training needs.
In this module we will explore why assessing level might be challenging and offer some practical suggestions. Download the 'Assessing level and CEFR' toolkit below to find out more.
The emphasis in the materials is on practical approaches, but in line with our participants’ stated needs it includes a basic introduction to theoretical perspectives. Each of the topics can be read as a stand-alone unit. We would, however, encourage readers to look at all six units. The training materials cover:
- assessing level and CEFR (this module)
- assessing young learners
- assessment for learning
- language assessment for teachers
- assessment resources
- teacher cognition and assessment.
To find out more about the research by Huddersfield University, read the following research reports:
- Assessment: attitudes, practices and needs
- Classroom assessment: the development of teachers’ cognitions