Submitted 16 years 3 weeks ago by admin.
- I give my students templates with headings:
Word Meaning Part of speech Example of usage
- The students choose a word that they would like to adopt and do some research on it using the template above.
- Each student then gives a short presentation on his or her adopted word until all the class has had a chance.
- The words are then stuck to a large paper chart on the wall.
- This activity carries on the entire year with students sharing more and more words.
- In between we have quizzes about the new words. The students greatly enjoy contributing words, researching and presenting.