Romesh Gunesekera was born in Sri Lanka, and has been living and writing in London since the 1970s. His writing is frequently elegiac and wistful, casting reflective eyes at 'the spoiled paradise' of his original home.
This kit was produced, along with its companion 'Carapace', to accompany Romesh Gunesekera's tour of Portugal in 2004.
- Short story 145k complete text of 'A House in the Country'
- Introduction for teachers 347k
- Characterisation 303k Character based activities
- Context 711k background information and exercises
- Word Work 376k language activities
- After reading exercises 359k follow-up and consolidation
- Answer key 68k teacher's notes for activities.