This lesson uses the theme of Christmas to develop learners’ vocabulary. It includes an introductory song, a focus on clothes words, a review of question and short answer forms using ‘has got’, and a labelling and colouring activity. There are suggestions for some other follow up Christmas activities.
• To teach or review ‘has got’ in the question and short answer form
• To review vocabulary for colours, clothes and describing faces
• To practise speaking skills and write a short sentence
Age group: Primary
Level: A1 / A2
Time: 60 minutes
1. A large picture of Santa Claus – You can find one at www.abcteach.com or www.activity village.co.uk. The picture should be in colour
2. A small outline photocopy of Santa for each student, with lines in appropriate places so that students can label his clothes
3. Flashcards and word cards for vocabulary trousers, jacket, hat, gloves, boots, mittens, belt.The flashcards should be outline drawings with no colour.
4. Blutak or magnets
By: Angela Ferarre
Copyright – Please read
All the materials on these pages are free and available for you to download and copy for educational use only. You may not redistribute, sell or place these materials on any other web site without written permission from the BBC and British Council. If you have any questions about the use of these materials, please e-mail email@example.com