Submitted by TE Editor on 26 July, 2002 - 13:00
Download audio of conversation 288k mp3 (54k)
Flash was unable to load.
- Hand out a gapped version of dialogue with only Steve's utterances showing and Sharon's blanked out.
- Get your students to try to write in Sharon's lines using the clues given in Steve's subsequent respective answers.
- Play the dialogue and get the students to compare what they hear with what they have written.
- Give them some feedback. They may not have predicted what the speaker said exactly, but they may have given some good possible answers, so be sure to acknowledge that.
- Write some keywords from each part of the dialogue on the board
Steve: "I….. You?"
Sharon: ."I….. What…..?
- Ask the students to listen again then work in pairs to rehearse and act out the dialogue.
To find more audio dialogues and scripts go to our Audio bank
- Teaching resources
- Teacher development
- Teacher training