The TeachingEnglish featured blog of the month award recognises the contribution that English language teachers who are bloggers make to the international teaching community with their innovative ideas for class activities and lesson plans, plus the tips and suggestions they make to help us become better teachers.
Every month we create a shortlist from the blog posts that have been made on our TeachingEnglish Facebook page and that we've shared on to our main timeline during the previous month. We then ask page users to 'like' the one that they think should get the award. At the end of the week when we feature the shortlisted posts, we count the likes and the winner is the one that receives the most.
The selection criteria we use for sharing and shortlisting blog posts are:
- that the material is free and freely available
- that it is not promotion for a paid product
- that the ideas it contains are original
- that it is educationally sound and of a good standard
- that it is written in good English
To see a list of recent winners and read their posts, click here